Original Engraving On

The Pays De Saintonge, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635


The Pays De Saintonge, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635

The Pays De Saintonge, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635    The Pays De Saintonge, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635

Copper engraving and typographical printing on verso on laid paper. Printer-librarian and publisher of maps and atlases. Native to alkmaar or surroundings. Pass 2 years with tycho Brahé in Denmark. When he returned to Amsterdam in 1596, he established himself a cartographer and manufacturer of terrestrial and celestial globes.

Then goes to a printing house and a foundry. Also author of cartographic and astronomical works. Saintonge is an old French province whose boundaries have varied several times over time. Integral part of the Roman province of Aquitaine during antiquity (saints becoming the first capital of this vast ensemble), it is then placed according to the times in the movement of the kings and dukes of Aquitaine, the counts of anjou then Counts of ramnulphides, before being again integrated into the Duchy of Aquitaine for several centuries.

In the fourteenth century, saintonge had the title of \Appearing as a border march between the Capetian and Plantagenet domains during the early Middle Ages, it is shaken by incessant struggles between 1152 and 1451, its lords often hesitating between the Anglo-Aquitaine attachment and the link with Paris. Everything shows that the Anglo-Aquitaine attachment was predominant until about the middle of the fourteenth century. Nevertheless, the misconduct of henry de grosmont, count derby ( aking of montguyon).

The saintonge (formerly written xaintonge) is, according to some authors, today straddling five departments, the charente-maritime (except its north-west part which belongs to the province of aunis and the country of aulnay, which belongs au poitou), a quarter west of the Charente (hot-land townships: cognac-north township, cognac-sud township, jarnac, châteauneuf), the extreme south of the two-sèvres (frontenay-rohan-rohan and 'to the southern suburbs of Niort) and the Vendée (it included part of the Poitevin marsh). In the north of the Gironde, the Gabay country, of Saintongeaise language, depended on the Guyenne. The borders with Angoumois, aunis, the guyenne or the poitou have however varied over the centuries. The old maps thus place cognac and merpins in Angoumois, with also sometimes jarnac, unlike barbezieux and chalais, long in saintonge and today charente. Similarly, in the seventeenth century, parishes braud and stalls (Gabay country) are placed in saintonge by Nicolas Sanson (General Government of Guienne and Gascon, 1650) and Johannes Blaeu (Map of the Government of Guienne and Gascon, 1662) but this is no longer the case in the following century, the boundary between the two provinces then passing to the north of Saint-Ciers the moor or braux.

The item \The seller is \This item can be shipped to the following countries: America, Europe, Asia, Australia.

  1. type: strong water <\/ li>
  2. theme: geographical map <\/ li>
  3. period: nineteenth and before <\/ li>
  4. genre: Baroque <\/ li>
  5. authenticity: original <\/ li> <\/ Ul>


    The Pays De Saintonge, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635    The Pays De Saintonge, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635