Original Engraving On

Lile De Ré And Oléron, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635


Lile De Ré And Oléron, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635

Lile De Ré And Oléron, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635    Lile De Ré And Oléron, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635

Insulae divi martini and uliarus, vulgo isle de re and oleron, 1635. Copper engraving and typographic printing on the back on laid paper. Edited in Amsterdam by willem blaeu.

Printer-librarian and publisher of maps and atlases. Native to alkmaar or surroundings. Pass 2 years with tycho Brahé in Denmark.

When he returned to Amsterdam in 1596, he established himself a cartographer and manufacturer of terrestrial and celestial globes. Then goes to a printing house and a foundry. Also author of cartographic and astronomical works. Printer-librarian; printer of the king of Sweden. Cartographer of the Eastern Indian Company and author of numerous geography books. Was alderman of amsterdam and captain of the bourgeoisie.

Printed Catholic works under the pseud. From \In February 1672 a fire ravages his printing works.

From 1638 to 1642, works in association with his brother cornelis blaeu. Ni is a historic and cultural French region, corresponding to an old province and whose capital is la rochelle, the latter having succeeded castrum allionis (châtelaillon), the former capital that has probably given its name to the province. The territory of aunis, which was the smallest province in France in terms of area, is nowadays the north-west quarter of the department of Charente-Maritime. This province was officially recognized by the King Charles V in 1374: \It is then that aunis appears legally as a separate province.

Like the other French provinces, aunis disappeared in 1790 when the departments were created. Its inhabitants are the aunisiens. In addition to the capital, la rochelle, the province counted the cities of Rochefort, surgères or even marans. It also possessed the island of D, and it has shared throughout its history, with saintonge, the other three islands of Charente-Maritime: Oleron, Aix and Madame.

Saintonge is an old French province whose boundaries have varied several times over time. Integral part of the Roman province of Aquitaine during antiquity (saints becoming the first capital of this vast ensemble), it is then placed according to the times in the movement of the kings and dukes of Aquitaine, the counts of anjou then Counts of ramnulphides, before being again integrated into the Duchy of Aquitaine for several centuries. In the fourteenth century, saintonge had the title of \Appearing as a border march between the Capetian and Plantagenet domains during the early Middle Ages, it is shaken by incessant struggles between 1152 and 1451, its lords often hesitating between the Anglo-Aquitaine attachment and the link with Paris. Everything shows that the Anglo-Aquitaine attachment was predominant until about the middle of the fourteenth century. Nevertheless, the misconduct of henry de grosmont, count derby ( aking of montguyon). The saintonge (formerly written xaintonge) is, according to some authors, today straddling five departments, the charente-maritime (except its north-west part which belongs to the province of aunis and the country of aulnay, which belongs au poitou), a quarter west of the Charente (hot-land townships: cognac-north township, cognac-sud township, jarnac, châteauneuf), the extreme south of the two-sèvres (frontenay-rohan-rohan and 'to the southern suburbs of Niort) and the Vendée (it included part of the Poitevin marsh). In the north of the Gironde, the Gabay country, of Saintongeaise language, depended on the Guyenne. The borders with Angoumois, aunis, the guyenne or the poitou have however varied over the centuries.

The old maps thus place cognac and merpins in Angoumois, with also sometimes jarnac, unlike barbezieux and chalais, long in saintonge and today charente. Similarly, in the seventeenth century, parishes braud and stalls (Gabay country) are placed in saintonge by Nicolas Sanson (General Government of Guienne and Gascon, 1650) and Johannes Blaeu (Map of the Government of Guienne and Gascon, 1662) but this is no longer the case in the following century, the boundary between the two provinces then passing to the north of Saint-Ciers the moor or braux. The island of ré (poitevin island of ret) is a French island located in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Aunis and Vendée. As part of the Charente archipelago, it is the fourth largest island in metropolitan France, behind Corsica, the island of Oleron and Belle-Ile.

Since March 2015, it forms a unique canton: the canton of the island of ré. The island's historic capital is saint-martin-de-ré, which together with the neighboring commune of the fleet forms an urban center of 5,302 inhabitants in 2013, the urban unit of the fleet. The most populated municipality is, however, Sainte-Marie-de-Ré (3,112 inhabitants). The Isle of Re is separated from the mainland by the Brittany Pertuis, and is located further north of the islands of Aix, Oléron and Madame, and forts Boyard, Enet and Louvois located in the pertuis d ' antioche south. Since May 19, 1988, it is connected to the continent by the bridge of the island of ré.

Touristic, the island is nicknamed \The doléron island (in saintongeais ilâte dolerun) is located in the Atlantic Ocean, in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, off the coast of Charente-Maritime, to which it belongs, 10 km north of the gironde estuary. With the islands of Ré, d'Aix and Madame, it is part of the Charente archipelago; it is separated from the peninsula of marennes by the court of Oleron, to the north, and from the peninsula of arvert by the port of maumusson, to the south. Largest French metropolitan island after Corsica, with 30 km long by 8 km in its widest width, it has an area of ​​174 km2 and more than 21,000 permanent inhabitants. During its history, it is part of the former province of launis, sometimes of the former province of saintonge, according to the many wars, especially during the medieval period.

Administratively, l'île doléron corresponds to the canton of the island of oléron, since 2015. Its current capital is saint-pierre-d'oléron, the main commercial and handicraft center of the island. Until the old regime, it was the city of the castle-d'oléron, seat of the subdelegation and sheltering the garrison of the island, which fulfilled this function. Since March 19, 1966, the island is connected to the mainland by a road bridge, 2 862 m long, second longest bridge in France after that of Ile de Re, and the oldest bridge in France to connect the continent to an island. Celebrated by stone loti, it is nicknamed \The item \engravings, lithos \The seller is \This item can be shipped to the following countries: America, Europe, Asia, Australia.

  1. type: strong water <\/ li>
  2. theme: geographical map <\/ li>
  3. period: nineteenth and before <\/ li>
  4. genre: Baroque <\/ li>
  5. authenticity: original <\/ li> <\/ Ul>


    Lile De Ré And Oléron, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635    Lile De Ré And Oléron, Copper Engraving Edited By Willem Blaeu, 1635